- On October 12, 2021
- commercial flooring, flooring contractors Birmingham, Safety Flooring, vinyl flooring
The Workplace (Health Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992 (Regulation 12) require floors to be suitable, in good condition and free from obstructions. Where a floor is likely to be subject to frequent contamination, people should still be able to walk on it without the risk of slipping.
According to the HSE ‘Kinds of Accident Statistics‘ published on 4th November, about half of all employer reported non-fatal injuries to employees in 2019/20 were accounted for by just two different accident kinds (similar to earlier years); slips trips or falls on same level accidents (29%) and handling, lifting or carrying accidents (19%).
Safety Flooring, which is often mistakenly referred to as non-slip flooring, is designed to reduce the risk of slipping in areas that are exposed to contaminants such as Grease, Oil, Shampoo and Water. Commercial and Public environments such as Care Homes, Hospitals and Kitchens are heavily reliant on Safety Flooring to meet the high standard of Health and Safety.
This high performing vinyl flooring solution provides both function and form, coming in a wide range of colour palettes and wood look-alike collections to complement any commercial interior setting.
- Reduces slips and provides a safer environment to move around for customers, staff and public.
- Great for a range of applications such as ramps, corridors, stairs, wetrooms and kitchens.
- Wide range of finishes and colourways with zero compromises on performance.
- Hardwearing and easy to maintain.
Find out more about Safety Floor
If you are thinking of using Safety Floors for your next commercial project, get in touch with one of the Newlay Team and we’d love to chat.
T. 0121 605 7666 or email email@example.com
Preventing Slips and Trips
Head over to the HSE website here:Preventing Slips and Trips at Work – pdf