Latest Update: 3rd November
Following the recent Government announcement moving England into lockdown from Thursday 5th November, we would like to inform our customers that operations at Newlay Floors will continue across all of our sectors. As a business that largely operates within the healthcare sector and is part of the supply chain providing key flooring solutions to help with infection control and the normal operations of healthcare facilities, we are endeavouring to remain operational. We will continue to monitor Government advice and we will be sure to let you know of any changes to our business that may affect our service to you.
The health and safeguarding of our employees are extremely important to our business. We will continue to operate under our usual premise of ‘Safety-First’ and implement wider safeguarding measures in line with Public Health England and Government Advice.
To help combat the spread of COVID-19 at Newlay Floors and to protect our workforce and customers, we have been putting additional precautionary safety measures in place, including:
- Improved RAMS covering COVID-19
- Educating our staff on Public Health England’s preventative measures to help prevent infections from COVID-19
- Emphasising frequent and proper handwashing
- All staff carry hand sanitizer gel, face masks and latex gloves, which form part of their regular PPE equipment. This is checked and monitored. Disposed of after use.
- Cleaning high contact points more frequently
- Partitioning work areas (where possible) with safety banners to help with social distancing.
- Working alone, where commercially and safely possible.
- 2+ employees adhere to 2m social distancing (where work task permits).
We look forward to our continued relationship and serving our customers. Above all, please keep yourself and families safe.